Disclaimers and Policies
Section One: Legal Disclaimer
In order to protect ourselves from wandering lawyers, we need to be clear about what Torpedo Trading is and is not.
- Content produced by Torpedo Trading is opinion and, as such, is not and cannot be construed as “financial, legal, or tax advice”. If you choose to make financial decisions after listening to the show, reading our website, or purchasing products or services from us, those decisions are yours and yours alone.
- Just to be extra clear, our content is not a solicitation nor an offer to buy or sell securities of any kind. Investments that are appropriate for one person may not be appropriate for another person, or even for that same person at a different stage of his or her life. You need to consider your own personal risk tolerance and goals before buying or selling any investments. Our content is aimed at a general audience, so we don’t (and can’t) know any particular individual’s personal risk tolerance and goals. Therefore, we can’t evaluate whether or not an investment is suitable for you.
- We will discuss all kinds of financial instruments on the show, including our opinions (and those of guests and listeners) as to their potential to increase or decrease in price. These are only opinions; no one knows the future for certain. If you take actions based on our opinions, you do so at your own risk and we are NOT responsible for any financial losses that may occur.
- Do not trade or invest with money that you cannot afford to lose.
- The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.
- Results shown are based on simulated or hypothetical performance results that have certain inherent limitations. Unlike the results shown in an actual performance record, these results do not represent actual trading. Also, because these trades have not actually been executed, these results may have under-or over-compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors, such as lack of liquidity. Simulated or hypothetical trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to these being shown.
- When we present data, news stories or factual items, we make every attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy of the data and information provided. If you feel something that impacts you or your company is in error, bring it to our attention and if verifiable we will correct any inaccuracies.
Section Two: Distribution Policy
- The Torpedo Trading Podcast is freely distributed and may be downloaded or copied as desired for personal use.
- Any commercial use is limited to no more than 5 minutes of content per segment and requires the user of the content to cite this show, including our URL of www.torpedotrading.com as the source of the audio. For commercial use greater than 5 minutes per segment please contact me and I will review your request. In most cases, such use will be approved without fees charged. This process is to ensure that the free content isn’t being packaged for resale and that my endorsement isn’t being implied without my knowledge.
- Non-commercial distribution of this show, from short segments to entire episodes or series, is acceptable and encouraged. This information is freely given with the understanding that you will advise recipients to read this page of our website to ensure they are aware of our disclaimers.
- Linking to us, making references to Torpedo Trading or the podcast, creating your own commentary in response to the show, or using short reprints of text with links back to the full text is acceptable and encouraged.
- Blog posts or other written content (beyond short reprints as noted above) may not be copied and posted elsewhere on the web without the prior written consent of the president of Torpedo Trading. If consent is granted, it may be withdrawn at any time with notice from us.
Section Three: Community Policy (Forum Posts & Blog Comments)
- You agree, through your use of this website and forum, that you will not use the website or the forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
- We try to make discussion open and uncensored for all, therefore we intend to delete only content that violates the rule stated above. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. If we determine that removal is necessary, we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame.
- There is no appeals process after a post or comment is deleted. All decisions by the site owner and/or moderators regarding post or comment deletion are final.
- All comments are moderated on the blog and require a legitimate email address from the commenter. Your email address is used to notify you of responses to your comments or if the site owner needs to contact you. It doesn’t place you on a mailing list. Your email address is never shared with the public or any other company or entity.
- The forum requires registration. The email address you use to register for the forum is never shared with the public or any other company or entity.
- Linking to sites considered by site ownership to be “hate sites” is not permitted.
- Those who repeatedly post solely for the purpose of causing conflicts with the host or audience members are considered trolls and are at risk of a site-wide ban. We encourage lively discussion but avoid personal attacks.
- The site owner is not responsible for any messages posted by others. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this website.
Section Four: Advertising Policy and Affiliate Disclosure
- We use affiliate links on portions of our site. This means that we may receive compensation when you click one of these links and purchase products or services from the vendor. You will not pay more when buying a product or service through our link. For instance, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- The revenue we receive from affiliate programs is important to us, and it helps us keep the podcast free for everyone. We greatly appreciate when you choose to support us by using our affiliate links.
- Our most important asset is our brand, our reputation in the marketplace. Accordingly, we promise not to recommend products or services unless we believe they add value for members of our community, regardless of whether or not we are affiliated with them. We welcome feedback on the products and services we recommend, so we can make changes to our affiliate relationships if they stop providing the high-quality service we expect.
Section Five: Trade Analytics Service
- In addition to the Legal Disclaimer section above, please review the following prior to purchase.
- The Trade Analytics Service is NOT personalized investment advice. It is not tailored to your personal risk tolerance or financial goals. It uses the data found within your own transaction history from your broker, but not for the purpose of giving personalized financial recommendations.
- We extract data from the trade history, supplement this data with our own data (for instance, on the composition of various ETFs and their expense ratios), and perform analytics on the data. We provide you with information about what you have been trading and insight into the results you’ve achieved. We also provide insight into potential areas of improvement, technical indicators to review, alternative investment vehicles which exist, and more. All of this material is for educational purposes and does not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to buy or sell securities.
- If you elect to make any financial decisions after purchasing services from us, you are solely responsible for those decisions and their results.
- The transaction histories that brokers allow you to export to your PC in CSV or Excel format, and that we ask you to send us to allow us to deliver results to you, do not contain sensitive or confidential information like account numbers or dates of birth. Review all information before transmitting it to us. If you see that it contains sensitive information, remove that information before you send it. If we discover sensitive information in anything you have sent us, we will do the following as soon as possible upon discovering it:
- Notify you of the information found,
- Permanently delete any and all copies of files that contained sensitive information,
- Request that you re-send the requested data, but with all sensitive information removed from it.
- We require trade histories from you in order for us to provide the service. If you do not send us this data within ten (10) business days of purchase, and do not contact us regarding the matter, we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund your payment in full.
- Once you have sent us your trade history, we begin processing the data and preparing results. If you are sending partial data, and more is coming, you must tell us or we must assume you have sent all the data you intended to send us. There are no refunds after you send us your trade history.
- Although we do not allow refunds after receipt of your trade history, if you are not 100% satisfied with the service you receive please contact us immediately and I promise to do whatever I can to make it right.